Wednesday, May 4, 2011

9 DAYS until HAITI!





I'm Headed to HAITI!

In just a few days (May 17th 2011), I am flying to Port-Au-Prince, Haiti to join Youth with a Mission (YWAM) as staff for the first Discipleship Training School in the capitol city! This DTS in Port au Prince aims to address issues of poverty and injustice in a nation and a world gone very wrong. Believing that God has called me to those with both physical and spiritual need after disasters, I know that while it may not be easy, it is exactly where I need to be. 


Last year a disastrous earthquake shook the nation, bringing Haiti to the top of the news internationally as this third-world country fell into even deeper pits of poverty, chaos, and corruption. The quake was centered in the governmental area of the capitol which resulted in the deaths of many of the leaders in the country. Our DTS will focus largely on raising up Haiti’s next generation of leaders with strong character and a passion for a biblical world view, as Haiti positions herself to be a huge blessing to the world! 


The school will encourage and equip young adults to be voice for the voiceless: loving the orphaned, praying for the sick, and bringing practical solutions to people’s daily physical needs. I am so excited that God has called me to Haiti at this time and am thrilled to watch and be apart of the great change that is coming to this beautifully broken nation!

Follow the link to watch the Port-Au-Prince, Haiti On-Location DTS 2011 Promo Video!
There are a few ways that you can be apart of this journey too!!!

I need a total of $5000, which will include all living/flight/insurance expenses for the 6-7 months I've committed, by June! Already I have raised about $1000 and earned several hundred while working at home the last 2 months, but there is still a large need for support.  With a non-refundable ticket in hand, I am confidently going to Port-Au-Prince, knowing that the rest of the funding will come in!  Please pray about how much you should give to help me stay to Haiti!


Ways to Give:
Click on the "Donate" button to the right to give through PayPal
OR
If you would like your donation to be Tax-Deductable
Checks can be made out to "YWAM HAITI" and sent to
 YWAM Haiti 
P.O Box 236 
Akron, PA, 17501, USA 
If you chose to send a check, It is IMPORTANT that that you add a separate note, indicating that it goes specifically to "Marisa Watson - Port Au Prince Haiti DTS -Staff Support"! THANK YOU!!! :)


Also, I send out a monthly newsletter, briefly describing how things are going and maybe giving a testimony/story from my experiences in Haiti! Anyone is welcomed to subscribe and you can quickly do that by filling out the "join my mailing list" form on the right, or by emailing your name and e-mail to lovealways.marisa@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you for partnering with me as I "go and make disciples of nations"... of Haiti! I am so honored and humbled that God would use me as a vessel of His love and look forward to updating you soon!


The capitol building remains in the same state as it has for over a year ago when the earthquake struck.
Love Always

No comments:

Post a Comment