Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ah 'Ayti...

Our first weekend here we went out into different parts of Port-au-Prince and asked the Haitians what they were hopeful and honestly, I was blown away with the answers we received. These people are so ready to chase God, they just need deliverance from the spirits of rejection, fear, miscommunication and despair! I’m ready to see the change here, even if it is years from now and I’m somewhere else, my heart is so for this nation!

Last weekend we went out under the verses in Matthew 10 where Jesus sends the disciples out into the corners of the world saying, "
Acquire no gold nor silver nor copper for your belts, no bag for your journey, nor two tunics nor sandals nor a staff, for the laborer deserves his food And whatever town or village you enter, find out who is worthy in it and stay there until you depart. As you enter the house, greet it. And if the house is worthy, let your peace come upon it, but if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town..” We as staff split into six teams of 3-6 and went into the corners of Haiti. The teams went with out food, extra clothes, contacts, money and some even without shoes, trusting that the Lord would provide.

Sunday morning came and at 4am my team of 6 began our journey to Jeremie! We felt God allow us to take money for the bus and so we bought our tickets and piled into the PACKED bus drawing plenty of attention as the only “blancs” or white people. The whole weekend wasn’t easy, nor was it incredibly pleasant, but over the 3 days out the Lord painted the vision of His restoration here in Haiti!

I love Haiti so much, my heart is so sad that there is such evil here. It doesn’t sit very heavy though, Praise God, although the spiritual atmosphere has physically worn at me already. God has taught me much in the last few years about unconditional loving people while not accepting or agreeing with what they do or participate in. This has proven so helpful in relating and having compassion for the people of this nation.

Things have been going very well here and I am so honored to be on this team – each staff member blows me away with their gifting’s and how God has worked in their lives! It is something we all are feeling, this awe that God brought us all together for this pioneering DTS!

Students begin arriving in 5 days and I am so thrilled to get this school going! We are pining down outreach locations and it looks like I’ll be co-leading to Jamaica, but I’ll know for sure in a couple days.

The Lord has been so faithful to provide comfort and protection for me here and I look forward to seeing His provision continue as I work on raising funds– still needing to raise about $2,500 by the beginning of June so I may co-lead a 2 month outreach for the students and then also have enough for a ticket to return home! ;) Please continue to pray for me as I walk through life here in Haiti – an adventure for sure!

This life we live, mindfully participating in His Kingdom, is so incredible! What a God we serve, who calls us “friend” I am in awe of the wonder and blessing!

Love Always

No comments:

Post a Comment