Thursday, November 24, 2011

Much to be Thankful for!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


"Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!" 1 Chronicles 16:8



Here it is! 
What I am thankful for this year.. although I don't think I can truly cover all of the things I am thankful for, but here's a scratch!

I am thankful for a cozy couch to sit on with my mom. watching american football games with family. surround sound to make it that much better. a heater for the house on a cold day. a computer to create masterpieces. internet to communicate with the world. telephones to wish greetings and share some love. perfectly brewed coffee in my own kitchen. electricity to make those things possible.


I am thankful for moist baked turkey. green bean casserole. cranberry sauce. delicious bread crumb stuffing. sweet potato casserole. warm bread rolls. mashed potatoes and gravy. southern sweet tea. fruit salad. pecan pie. lemon squares. chocolate chip cookies. pumpkin pie. enough food to go around.


I am thankful for coupon clipping. chatting about fast food customer service. telling stories of random odd things. exchanging thoughts foreign foods. grandma's neighbors all knowing my name. joking about black friday sales. everyone gathered around the living room hanging out. family to spend the holiday. with.


I am thankful for flushing toilets. toilet paper. clean water. ice. family. shoes on my feet. clothes to keep me warm. roads to drive one. police that i can trust to be just. american football! a bed to sleep in. health providers i can rely on. clean air. running water. carpet. the privilege of growing up in the western world where there is plenty and thankful for the opportunity to live amongst true poverty, that i can now have greater appreciation for the little things.


But most of all.. I'm Thankful For a Savior who sacrificed His own life to give me a life worth living! Thankful to live as an ambassador for the God of the universe's heavenly kingdom! Thankful to have an intimate relationship with an Almighty God!!! Thankful that my God is great and mighty, that He is worthy to be Praised, and that He is alive and active in our lives each day!


Thank you Lord for choosing me among many to have spent this summer with the Haitian people. 
I am humbled.





"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; 
for his steadfast love endures forever!"  1 Chronicles 16:34



Love Always

No comments:

Post a Comment