Friday, March 23, 2012

Lovesick for my Beloved

The Lord is so good! Tonight I have just been in complete awe of the splendor of God. There's something to being fully released to a love so strong that it wrecks your heart even thinking about your beloved. As I sit in the prayer room with Misty Edwards leading us in adoration of the Lord most High - I can't help but think to myself, "this is the best place I can be." It's more than just a physical place to be, worshiping the Father with a couple hundred other people at 11pm, but it is really the place that I have felt my heart entering. This heart of mine is being captivated by a man who is God; the living Word, Alpha and Omega. He has been around for years, pursuing me as a friend and Savior, but He has caught my full attention. I am madly in love with Jesus, and can't seem to love Him enough. My whole body, soul and spirit are yearning to know Him more. To seek the secret places of His heart and learn everything about Him. To know every part of His story, what He's done, when He did it, the how's and whys; to learn about His Father; to learn from the deep well of wisdom and knowledge that He has. How I long for the Bridegroom!


Psalm 63:1-7 ESV
O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
So I will bless you as long as I live;
in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
when I remember you upon my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.


I cannot wait until the day when I see Him face to face, though a great and terrifying day that will be! I miss you Jesus, though you're near you feel far. The secret place is where I will meet you; in the quiet and secret place is where we are together. You have called me and wooed me to yourself, and you have stolen away my heart! Now, teach me to love you more! You deserve and are worth so much more than I can offer - and yet you love me just the same. It is beyond my understanding, but I will forever give praise to my Beloved, for He first loved me!

I believe, but help my unbelief. I love, but teach me to love. I want you God, more than anything else, be the center of my heart. Captivate this lovesick heart and seal it up with Your Name, I am Yours.

Click here to listen to the Misty Edwards Prayer Set I am at!

Love Always

No comments:

Post a Comment