Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Beautiful Roses

As I sit watching tears well up and spill over... these are the destitute. The ones my heart cries out for, echoing His own tears shed. I love them, more than my own life, yet still not as much as He does. Thinking about them makes me yearn to leave home, wishing to be with them. They are worth it. They are a treasure of great value, buried in a field. I am willing to give all that I have and all that I am to tell them that Jesus Christ wants to purchase their freedom - He gave all He had for them, because they are worth it.


Roses of Mumbai from Roses of Mumbai on Vimeo.


From my own experience working in the red-light district of Thailand, the power of telling a women she is priceless is incredible. I have wanted to go give roses to women in these places for years and have yet to, but someday - I will personally see the change in their faces as I hand each one a rose and tell her she is Beloved. 

God knows my vision does not stop there, but right now, simple acts of honor are so appealing. The harvest is ready- swing the sickle wide!


The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor;
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor,
and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all who mourn;
to grant to those who mourn in Zion—
to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit;
that they may be called oaks of righteousness,
the planting of the LORD, that he may be glorified.
They shall build up the ancient ruins;
they shall raise up the former devastations;
they shall repair the ruined cities,
the devastations of many generations.
(Isaiah 61:1-4 ESV)
Love Always

1 comment:

  1. Hey sister! Thank you for posting this! You have given me a new vision as well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete