Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Countdown...

It's hard to believe I begin this journey in 4 days! (That's right... 4!!!!) I have finally hit the stark realization of how close I am now, and am having such a hard time letting myself rest just because I am so excited!!!

The estate sale my mother and I co-managed went incredibly well this weekend! We still have some major $ items to sell and we plan on putting those into a nearby auction- mom will have to do this on her own as I leave in just a few days! Through this sale, I have made over $1,000 -all of which goes towards my DTS! I am so thankful God has helped me reach my personal goal of making the first YWAM payment through the profits of my own labor- I have paid the first $4,300 now!!!

I am beginning to pack my suitcase, make last minute purchases, and ensure I have everything for the trip while trying to spend as much time with my mom and sister as possible! As I am...

4 days away from getting on a plane and leaving my family for 6 months.

4 days away to being with my LeeU brothers and sisters! It will be so good to fellowship with them again before leaving, I'm so thankful it worked out to fly up there before leaving!

7 days away from leaving all that I know and taking on the unknown in His name and guidance.

8 days away from officially meeting my team on the Kona campus and becoming a member of the YWAM ohana (= family in hawaiian).

Can it really be so soon? Lord, I have butterflies about it already - both from excitement and the knowledge of all the growth I'm about to go through.

In the last week He has been guiding me through many places in my heart where there is work to do so that I can best serve Him, and do so resting in His anointing and in relationship with Him. He is so good to me, and so worthy of all Praise!

Also, I'd like to extend my gratitude to those who have blessed me so deeply in the area of finances and helped me get to where I am now in raising the funds needed. As it says in Acts 20:35 “In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” I understand that it may seem difficult to give or donate during this time, whether in a financial crisis or dealing with your own kids, but God says to give and through that you will receive His blessings. As of now I am still in need of $3,500 to complete my outreach phase. Every penny you give goes straight back out there. You are giving me the chance to help people who are in slavery, victims of human trafficking, held captive by poverty, have AIDS, are homeless or trapped in any other injustice of this world and I am so thankful for this opportunity!

If you feel led to send a gift towards this mission you can contact me for my mailing address by leaving a comment or emailing me, OR you can click on the "Donate" button to the right-hand side, OR follow the link below and send funds directly to YWAM on my behalf using the information below:


Watson
Marisa
lovingreflections.marisa@gmail.com
February 15, 1991
DTS-Justice
September 2010
(If you choose to give this way, I am paying for the "outreach" portion of my DTS costs now!)

Thanks for following and supporting me in prayer as I prepare for this journey of a lifetime! You, my family in Christ, mean so much to me and I am blessed to have each and every one of you as such! I pray He pours His richly anointed blessings upon you and your household ten-fold that of the way you have blessed me in your prayers, gifts, and words of encouragement.

Love Always

No comments:

Post a Comment