Thursday, January 26, 2012

Crying out for Justice...

"Open their eyes to see and loose the bonds from their necks."

Joining in praying for the end of child trafficking this morning with a woman from Exodus Cry and another who is in the internship with me. My heart has been so stirred up again, my soul weeping for the injustice, and crying out for justice. I can't help but mourn for those ensnared in wickedness, who know not the delight of the Lord... Oh that they would only see and know Him who bought them with His own blood. Turning to Psalm 147:3-11 ..

"He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
He determines the number of the stars;
he gives to all of them their names.
Great is our Lord, and abundant in power;
his understanding is beyond measure.
The LORD lifts up the humble;
he casts the wicked to the ground.
Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving;
make melody to our God on the lyre!
He covers the heavens with clouds;
he prepares rain for the earth;
he makes grass grow on the hills.
He gives to the beasts their food,
and to the young ravens that cry.
His delight is not in the strength of the horse,
nor his pleasure in the legs of a man,
but the LORD takes pleasure in those who fear him,
in those who hope in his steadfast love."

Reading through this I could not help but have my heart ripped for people in Phuket.  How I have thought and dreamt of the women and children I met a year from this week. It was exactly a year ago that I had my first taste of what trafficking and prostitution looked like as an industry in Phuket, Thailand. working with the SHE foundation we walked the streets every other night, interceding for the women, children and men who were all engulfed in this wickedness. It was such a hard season and only in the last few months have I really begun to unpack all that Lord taught and brought me through.

Praying the psalms over my friends and those I know who are still there, working with SHE and working in the bars/brothels... it was heart wrenching. God, my heart yearns for justice in this place. Bring forth a revival in Phuket, that a cry of repentance would come out of the very hearts that are initiating such wickedness.

The Lord then took me to pray Ps. 103: 2-13 over the victims.. over the women that I met, and the thousands that I didn't meet. Praying for mercy over the pimps and johns, over the mafia who feed corruption and have let their hearts be filled with evil - with lust, perversion, and greed.. Lord have mercy...

"Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
The LORD works righteousness
and justice for all who are oppressed.
He made known his ways to Moses,
his acts to the people of Israel.
The LORD is merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
He will not always chide,
nor will he keep his anger forever.
He does not deal with us according to our sins,
nor repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
As a father shows compassion to his children,
so the LORD shows compassion to those who fear him."


I sit, weeping. My heart burdened for their souls, contending for their salvation. Weeping, crying out for mercy - for the fear of the Lord as the Mighty Judge to be revealed to the jaded eyes and hearts.  and Praising God for His promise of justice!

God of justice, come. God of mercy, redeem those in wickedness.  God, heal the wounded and broken. Breathe your Life, your Spirit, into the ashes and raise up harvesters who would come from the lowest and declare Your Name to the darkest!




I encourage you to read through Psalm 27

"The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?..."

Love Always

No comments:

Post a Comment