Saturday, August 18, 2012

Exciting News

This fall I will be attending the Foundations for Counseling Ministries (FCM) school through the University of Nations in Kona, HI. A 6 month, 24 credit course, the school is held on the YWAM Kona base and is the first of 2 years worth of classes/internships towards me receiving a BA in Biblical Counseling! At this point I'm not 100% sure that God will have me there that long, but I am excited to being this pursuit of education & equipping! 

Over the past several years God has begun writing blue prints and vision into my heart. Reaching out the broken hearted, the hopeless, the ones trapped in darkness: the destitute. As I have worked with and amongst many who would fall into that category my heart has been wrecked to see them reach a place of wholeness, joy and freedom! Society has come up with many band-aids to help these people such as housing, food, money, education - and these are good, but they don't deal with the heart issues at hand. Observing the impact God's presence has on a person's heart, mind, body and soul has completely fascinated and inspired me to pursue whatever is necessary to facilitate His Presence here on earth. With that as the vision I feel a need to become equipped in Biblical counseling & inner healing. To walk alongside the destitute in hopes of helping them reach a place of healing, restoration, freedom and ultimately reconciliation with Christ is my future. This is how God has designed me to participate in His Kingdom work and I am so honored, humbled and excited to start this process of training! 


The 3 month FCM lecture phase begins Sept 27th and is followed by a field assignment/internship. While in lecture I will learn about relationships, Christian identity, helping skills, personality restoration, forgiveness, law and grace, & the work of the Cross all in a counseling format. The first part of the course will cost roughly $4,500, $1,000 of that I've already paid (thanks to my summer job here at the foster facility). There will be more details about the field assignment/internship later so keep looking for that in the coming months.


I appreciate your prayers as I begin this exciting journey of equipping in the University of Nations, Kona. Should the Lord so move you to help me financially I would love to talk with you more about it so please feel free to email me at lovingreflections.marisa@gmail.com 

Love Always

No comments:

Post a Comment