Thursday, January 12, 2012

Welcome to Kansas City!

Well, here I am! Freezing in the newly draped snow, but filled with excitement!

Not even 2 weeks from when the Lord opened the door for me to do an internship at the International House of Prayer ( IHOP) in Kansas City I have arrived! In the last week the Lord has kept me in complete peace as I worked fast to apply/interview with IHOP, secure a flight, find housing, and fundraise in one of the quickest turnarounds I've had!  God is so faithful and has provided a room to rent for $325/mo that's about 3 blocks from the Red Bridge Center (where the global prayer room is located). He also blessed me by leading the Gannets, family friends from TN, donate their flier miles and provide free flights to and from KC!

Even with all that I can't help but feel a little crazy.  After unpacking my room today I sat on the bed and the reality hit me that I have jumped through the door that God opened for me and am now trusting Him completely to provide everything I'll need for this walk.  In the last week I have daydreamed what tomorrow (orientation) is going to look like - particularly when I go to the financial table. Will I check in the morning to find all $450-900 in my account? Will I be on my way and have a random person give it to me? Will someone have already paid it for me? Or, the big question.. what happens if I don't have it at all... It's there that I stop and force myself to remember His faithfulness. He has never led me somewhere and not provided for it - granted, it hasn't always been what I expected, but He's never let me down. Facing this one is a little different though as it really is the biggest leap I've taken. Needing to pay for rent every month, for food (a max $200/mo), and for tuition... It doesn't seem like "simple fundraising" anymore and it is definitely harder to trust Him.  However, as I said earlier He has blessed me with a peace that overcomes. And even as sit here, not knowing what to expect out of tomorrow, I am confident that whatever happens will be ok. I know that He brought me here for a reason, and I know it definitely wasn't any of my work that got me here, so I am trusting that whatever He's doing is the best for me and will just bring greater Glory to His Name!

Tomorrow will be quite a day and I timidly look forward to seeing what it holds. Thank you for partnering with me as the Lord leads; whether it be through prayer, finances, or words of encouragement, I definitely appreciate them all!

Prayer Needs:
-For continued peace and for wonderful rest tonight
-That in all things, His will be done; whether I get all the money needed or not.
-Pray for Haiti, today is the 2 year anniversary of the earthquake that left their country ravaged by disaster and mourning over the loss of thousands of families and friends
-Also, several of my PAP DTS students are back in the mission field -1 in Brazil, 3 in Benin, and several in the Dominican Republic, and we have 2 back in my "homeland" Kona, working with the YWAM base there! I am So proud of each of them and ask that you join me in praying for them as they live as missionaries in these places!

Financial Needs:
at Least $450 by tomorrow, with a total of $900 for the internship tuition
$550 for both February and March ($225 for food/living expenses and $325 for rent/utilities)
-if you'd like to give you can use the Paypal button to the right or contact me to work something else out!

Psalm 65:9
"You visit the earth and water it;
you greatly enrich it;
the river of God is full of water;
you provide their grain,
for so you have prepared it."
Love Always

No comments:

Post a Comment